Hayward HRS Series Electric Actuators Now with Local Control Stations
For more information, contact:
One Hayward Industrial Drive
Clemmons, NC 27012 USA
Clemmons, NC (October 15, 2018) – Hayward once again is expanding its HRS Series Electric Actuation family with the addition of Integrated Local Control (LCS) Stations to its offering. With Local Control Stations, HRS Series Electric Actuators Actuators (Single and Three Phase designs) can be operated either remotely with standard control systems, or locally at the actuator with the ability to position the valve or damper without input from the field controller. This design feature is especially useful when performing maintenance on the connected device or when troubleshooting PLC systems driving the actuator in the field.
The HRS Series Local Control Station feature is fully integrated into the actuator’s main housing casting and is a permanent component of the actuator. The HRS Local Control Stations are available in several models that covers a wide range of applications and are available with NEMA 4X/IP65 up through 4X/IP68 rated housings.
- HRCK / Key-Knob interface with NEMA4X / IP65 round enclosure which employs a key switch for the Mode select, a knob switch for Move commands, and three LED indicators indicating Power, Open and Closed positions.
- HRCP / Push Button interface with NEMA4X / IP67 round enclosure which utilizes push buttons (press-press) to select Remote/Local Mode, Open/Stop/Close Mode, and LED indicators to show Power, Running Open and Fully Open, Running Closed and Fully Closed positions.
- HRCL / LED interface with NEMA4X / IP67 rectangular enclosure integral with the actuator housing. This model has non-intrusive magnetic type knob switches for Mode and Position control. Also employs an LED panel mounted behind glass with indicators for Open, Close, Remote, Local and Fault.
- HRCD / LCD with NEMA4X / IP67 rectangular enclosure integral with the actuator housing. This model features non-intrusive magnetic type knob switches for Mode and Position control. The CD utilizes a monochrome (blue) LCD panel that provides graphic information regarding the status of the actuator directions. Also features LED indicators above the screen that show Local, Remote, Open and Closed functions.
Additional Key Features & Benefits of the HRS Series:
- Extensive Product Range from 300 in-lb to 177,000 in-lb
- Powder Coated Aluminum Alloy Housing
- ISO5211 Compliant mounting with Double Square Drive Socket
- On/Off or Proportional Control (2-10 vdc / 4-20mA Inputs & Outputs)
- Multiple AC & DC Voltages, 1-phase and 3-phase
- Visual Position Indicators
- CSA Certified to CSA 22.2 No. 139-10
- UL439 for Ordinary Location Applications
- Backed by Hayward’s Exclusive 2 Year Warranty
Typical applications or installations include but are not limited to waste water and water treatment, chemical transfer and processing, aquatic and animal life support systems, mining and mineral processing, HVAC, pulp and paper, food & beverage, marine and other demanding environments.
About Hayward Flow Control
Hayward Flow Control, a division of Hayward Industries, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of industrial thermoplastic valves, actuation and controls, instrumentation, filters, strainers, corrosion resistant pumps, bulkhead fittings and tank accessories and for use in water and wastewater treatment, chemical processing & transfer, chemical feed, aquatic/animal life support systems, mining, and other industrial processing systems. Hayward's thermoplastic flow control products can accommodate aggressive and corrosive environments, delicate ecosystems or the strictest chemical balances to keep water and life working together. Hayward Flow Control is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified manufacturer.